Warehouse Operations Manager - 2nd shiftSUMMARY
The Warehouse Operations Manager oversees the administrative and operational functions of the warehouse. This individual is responsible for directing the activities of the warehouse operations management staff to ensure that the team is aligned on organizational and site-specific objectives. The Warehouse Operations Manager (WOM) is accountable for the overall performance of the operation including safety, quality, accuracy, productivity, and financial results. The WOM has personnel responsibilities including the recruiting and hiring of new employees and delivering corrective action to employees (including the warehouse management team).
• Provide leadership, direction and support to management and administrative staff relative to execution of all daily warehouse operations.
• Assist Division Manager in development of objectives and action plans that will provide continuous improvement in all warehouse operations
• Monitor daily performance of all operations relative to the provision of needed quality standards, meeting the needs of our customers, regulatory compliance, providing a safe and secure work environment, and attaining the targeted KPI metrics
• Assist Division Manager in areas of Coaching and Counseling and development of operations associates.
• Assist Division Manager in the preparation of budgets, capital expenditures, operating expense controls, and inventory performance.
• Manage the activities of designated external service providers, contract maintenance, etc.
• Review operations reports and other information in order to make effective decisions.
• Partner with DM and HR on corrective action issues, including termination decisions.
• Interface with corporate partners in Supply Planning, Customer Service, Finance, and Human Resources to identify business opportunities and resolve issues.
• Ensure that facility is up to standard with respect to internal and external safety and quality audit requirements.
• Assume responsibility of facility in absence of Division Manager.
• Assistant Warehouse Managers
• Warehouse Operators and Warehouse Administrators
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus):
Education and Experience Requirement
• Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Business or Related Field
• 3-5 years of management experience in a large warehouse operation
• Supply Chain Operations Experience
• Proven track record of leading quality teams
• Experience working in food-grade distribution
• Capacity/Supply Planning tools
• Forecasting knowledge
• Experience working with labor standards
Language and Technical Skill Requirements:
• Customer focused
• Direct experience with JD Edwards
• Experience with Red Prairie WMS/LMS
• Ability to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures
• Training, coaching and counseling of associates
• Ability to adapt to changes in work schedule
• Strong leadership, communication, team building, planning and problem solving skills
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
• Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving Environment
• Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in Greencastle, PA
• Business travel to operational sites in Romeoville, IL, East Point, GA and the corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA may occur on an as needed basis
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.