Assistant Manager, Product ClaimsPosition: Assistant Manager, Product Claims
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Reports to (Title): Senior Accounting Manager – Claims, AR, AP
Date Written: September 2017
The ideal candidate will assist in managing the daily operations of the Company’s product claims function from inception to resolution of the claim while emphasizing the company’s strategic objectives surrounding product claims, including trend and root cause analysis and reduction/elimination of claim spend. The ideal candidate will have the ability identify and aid in the implementation of new and consistent processes and adapt these processes to meet the need of a continuously changing work environment.
• Supervises the Claims Coordinators for Armada and coordinates with Freight Claims Manager to ensure coverage of all aspects of claims team.
• Manages overage, shortage, and damage claims and customer deduction process to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
• Responsible for determination of “disputed” claims in accordance to the Armada Claims Policy.
• Collaborates with cross functional groups including customer service, accounts receivable, accounts payable, freight claims, warehouse personnel, vendors, DCs, field services, supply planning and account management to resolve issues.
• Develops and documents procedures to provide a consistent claims process. Educates and enforces compliance to the claims policy.
• Prepares actionable trend analysis including historical reporting of OS&D, claims and deduction activity. Performs root cause analysis to drive proactive solutions to systemic problems. Identifies areas of opportunity to reduce exposure and expense and recommends a course of action to achieve reduction.
• Provides various claims reporting information to system stakeholders including finance leadership, account management, client support Group, and clients.
• Is responsive, courteous but firm in managing relationship with customers and suppliers.
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus)):
Education and Experience Requirement
• Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Financial Administration or Inventory management
• BS/BA Degree Bus Admin, Accounting, Finance or Inventory Management
• 3-5 years in claims/deduction processing, inventory control or warehouse distribution
• Inventory control and Warehouse operations experience
• Supervisory experience preferred
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• Transaction oriented with detailed understanding of process flows
• Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
• Ability to work with cross-functionally
• Knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP systems
• MS Excel knowledge
• Motivated and intellectually curious
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
• Position is headquartered in RIDC Park, Pittsburgh, PA at Armada Supply Chain Solutions corporate headquarters
• Infrequent business travel to operational sites and / or client’s offices may occur
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.