Assistant Warehouse Manager - 2nd shiftSUMMARY
The principle role of the Assistant Warehouse Manager is to oversee and assist in the execution of the daily processes related to inbound and outbound flow of goods at the Warehouse Operations facility. This includes but is not limited to coordinating activities between various functional departments in the facility, monitoring workloads, evaluating and setting operational priorities, and dock management.
• Assign tasks to warehouse operators.
• Monitor progress of day to day operational tasks (inbound/outbound processing, cycle counts, etc.)
• Set daily operational priorities.
• Review operations reports and other information in order to make effective decisions.
• Coach and counsel warehouse employees as needed in the moment.
• Partner with Ops Manager and Division Manager on corrective action issues.
• Perform warehouse operator duties as needed and as directed by Manager.
• Ensure that safety protocols/Standard operating procedures are being followed.
• Work with administrative staff to ensure effective execution of dock management processes.
• Maintain warehouse, ensure that products are clean and organized to meet and pass Silliker/QIP standards of a good rating or better
• Make recommendations to Manager and Division Manager on workflow, processes, priorities, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus):
Education and Experience Requirement
• Preferred Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business or 2-4 years of supervisory and related experience.
Skills and Experience Desired:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Analytical Skills
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Literate in Microsoft Office applications, specifically in Excel
• Handling of multiple conflicting priorities
• Capacity/Supply Planning Tools
• Thorough Understanding of Warehouse Operations
• Supply Chain operations
• Forecasting knowledge
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• Customer Focused
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
• Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving Environment
• Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in
• Business travel to operational sites in Romeoville, IL, Pittsburgh, PA and Greencastle, PA may occur on an as needed basis
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.