Finance Internship - Summer 2018SUMMARY
This position is an internship with Armada’s Finance & Accounting Department. Focus of the exposure and experience will be on Finance & Accounting within a supply chain solutions environment. Exposure to cross functional departments within the Armada organization will also be included in the internship so the individual can better understand influences and touch points between Finance & Accounting and other functions such as Transportation, Warehouse Operations, Pricing & Item Master Maintenance, Client Support, and Supply Chain Engineering.
• Receive theoretical overview of finance and accounting functions including hands on experience with finance and accounting functional areas including General Accounting, Operational Analysis, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Claims Management.
• Understand the basic methodology, components, and activities associated with general accounting functions, utilizing the JD Edwards Enterprise Resource System
• Process transactions within the finance and accounting functions including general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets.
• Complete tasks associated with the monthly closing cycle.
• Comprehend the practical application of generally accepted accounting principles within a supply chain environment.
• Complete special projects and assignment as applicable and opportunity presents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current course work and career interest in finance and accounting, or business
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.