IT Infrastructure AdministratorSUMMARY
The IT Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for designing, updating, securing, and supporting assigned infrastructure foundation technology. Expectations will include developing and maintaining relevant procedures and standards to ensure availability of these foundational components.
• Serve as the subject matter expert regarding assigned environments.
• Ensure foundational components are configured to provide consistent high performance and availability.
• Provide recommendations on improvements to the environment and configuration.
• Develop best practice guidelines for assigned infrastructure systems – including security (limit users and roles, and security configuration/settings)
• Build new systems to best practices
• Follow and recommend departmental policies to adhere to best security and audit requirements
• Develop plan and schedule to remediate identified discrepancies with best practices on existing machines
• Support, maintenance, patching, and upgrades of existing servers
• Monitoring / identification of inefficient servers
• Support business continuity goals, including testing and actual events
• Provide backup support on infrastructure technology as assigned
• Provide off-hours support for production systems
• Research and recommend hardware and software enhancements
• Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades
• Track and monitor system availability
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Virtual Hypervisors
• Operating Systems
• Phone Systems
• Cell Phones
• Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems or related field and/or proven knowledge & skill in required IT platforms & applications
• Requires 5+ years of IT Systems Administration experience including:
o 5+ years of experience in MS Windows Operating System administration
o 3+ years of experience in VMware administration
o 3+ years of experience in SAN administration
• EMC VNX platform
• NetApp SAN
• Network knowledge (including highly available networks and Firewalls)
• WAN technologies
• Load Balancers
• Single sign on and IIS
• System Monitoring
• Automation technologies
• MS Exchange
• Office 365
• Linux exposure
• Experience interfacing effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in mentoring others
• Experience with audit requirements
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels.
• Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.