Inventory Management Internship - Summer 2018SUMMARY
This position is an internship with Armada’s Inventory Management Department. Focus of the exposure and experience will be on Demand Planning and Supply Planning within a ReDistribution environment. Exposure to cross functional departments within the Armada organization will also be included in the internship so the individual can better understand influences and touch points between Inventory Management and other functions such as Transportation, Warehouse Operations, Pricing & Item Master Maintenance, Client Support, and Supply Chain Engineering.
FOCUS – DEMAND PLANNING:
• Theoretical overview and hands on experience within a Demand Planning department
• Understanding the basic methodology, components, and activities associated with building and maintaining Demand Plans, utilizing the RockySoft/Planning Edge Inventory Management System
• Understanding and building a forward looking sales forecast using historical data
• Manipulating sales history to create a robust sales forecasts by applying influencers such as promotional intelligence, systemically driven seasonality, and growth trends
• Developing warehouse level inventory targets to support demand forecasts; balancing client required service levels while maintaining Armada’s inventory level requirements
• Understanding and developing item specific safety stock levels
• Integrating and collaborating with Supply Planning
FOCUS – SUPPLY PLANNING:
• Theoretical overview and hands on experience within a Supply Planning Department
• Understanding the basic methodology, components and activities associated with building and maintaining time phased Replenishment Plans, utilizing the RockySoft/Planning Edge Inventory Management System
• Building transportation optimized truckloads
• Maintaining appropriate in stock levels in support of the demand plan, while balancing anomalies in sales and deliveries
• Integrating and collaborating with Demand Planning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current course work and career interest in logistics, supply chain, or business
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.