Regional Manager, Field ServicesSUMMARY
The Regional Manager Field Services is responsible for facilitating the achievement of Armada’s operational performance goals for strategic clients. This role will coordinate and orchestrate across Field Service regions, and internal/external stakeholders to drive continuous improvement. The role will drive internal and external change management as appropriate to achieve the desired supply chain performance results. The Manager will be responsible for developing effective working relationships with client stakeholders in their assigned geographic areas and Armada account management and functional area personnel. The Manager will work to ensure that standardized processes and metrics are utilized and provide the necessary input for periodic client performance reviews. The Manager will also support client interface activity in conjunction with the Director-Field Services and Account Management.
• Work with the Director–Field Services to establish appropriate client annual service and financial performance objectives along with corresponding metrics. Ensure routine pro-active monitoring of results including identification of positive and negative service trends.
• Engage all necessary stakeholders (internal and external) and secure needed support to perform root cause analysis of underperforming service elements.
• Work closely with other Armada Field Services regions, functional areas, and client stakeholders to develop and implement corrective action plans that produce outcomes acceptable to the client. Develop appropriate internal Armada and client stakeholder site level working relationships to facilitate support for greater efficiency and continuous improvement of Armada services.
• Provide periodic reports that outline performance results, variances, variance drivers and associated corrective action plans to Director-Field Services, and client stakeholders. These reports will include, but not be limited to, key aspects of Armada’s Managed Freight, Re-Distribution, Forward Warehousing, and Inventory Management service offerings.
• Conduct and facilitate periodic logistics reviews with Armada strategic client network stakeholders (distribution partners and key suppliers).
• Facilitate, as required, other performance or issue resolution reviews with client, client stakeholder, Armada functional areas, and Account Management personnel.
• Facilitate collaboration between Armada carriers and Client stakeholders to deliver efficiency improvements at the site level that ultimately benefit Armada’s clients.
• Coordinate communication and escalate issues as appropriate with the assigned Field Services, Account Management and/or client personnel in order to address issues or opportunities that cannot be resolved at the client stakeholder level.
• Work with other Field Services regions and Armada functional areas on various supply chain initiatives including, but not limited to, new business on-boarding, line of supply changes and capacity management storage opportunities.
• Coordinate with other Armada functional areas as required for activities related to client holiday planning preparation, contingency planning and promotions management.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• As assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus) :
Education and Experience Requirement
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain).
• 5-7 years logistics or supply chain management experience.
• Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
• Effective communication (verbal and written) skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Natural bias for action
• 10-12 years logistics or supply chain management experience.
• Master’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Logistics or Supply Chain
• Logistics Operations Management experience.
• Experience with food service industry customers (including QSR, Fast Casual, and/or Casual Dining segments).
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook. Access skills a plus.
• Proficient in use of Transportation Management Systems (MercuryGate, LeanLogistics) or Warehouse Management System (RedPrairie, etc)
• Solid understanding of warehouse, transportation and inventory management terms, concepts and best practices.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer usage.
• Work involves travel and visits to Suppliers, Carriers, Distributors, Armada and 3PL shipping and warehouse facilities.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.