Senior Java Application DeveloperSUMMARY
The Senior Java Application Developer will be responsible for architectural design and development of an enterprise SOA platform delivering services to the supply chain industry. The SOA platform sits behind a cutting edge user interface application as well as Software AG’s ESB platform.
• Serve as the subject matter expert regarding SOA applications.
• Create an architecture that is flexible and allows for the future growth of the application
• Helps selects the right mix of tools and technologies to ensure the platform can continual grow
• Design, develop, test and implement application features using Java enterprise concepts in support of customer and business requirements.
• Development of components to support enterprise integrations utilizing the Software AG integration and business process modeling application.
• Provide ongoing support, training, problem and defect resolution.
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies for usage in the platform considering cost, usability, scalability, reliability, etc.
• Develop and maintain automated build/deploy/testing strategies and platforms
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems or related field.
• Requires 5+ years of experience in Java application development.
• Familiar with enterprise concepts such as EJB, JMS
• Experience with data abstraction tools such as myBatis, Hibernate and/or JPA
• Experience with aspect oriented programming through the Spring framework
• Experience with database design and SQL through Oracle and/or SQL Server
• Ideal candidate will possess high energy, be a strong team player, creative thinker and excel in a fast-paced multitasking environment.
• Experience interfacing effectively with both business and technical stakeholders is desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are preferred.
• Experience in a distribution or logistics environment is beneficial.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
Prepared: Version 1.0
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.