Supply Chain Coordinator - Transportation (overnight weekends available)
We are currently looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to manage and execute the transportation processes for our customers’ networks. This will include, but not be limited to, outbound from Armada’s redistribution facilities, outbound from to our customers’ suppliers and outbound from manufacturing centers. This person will utilize Armada’s preferred carriers and TMS to optimize service, guarantee capacity and optimize mode of transportation. Additional responsibilities include building customer relationships through effective decision making and proactive communication.
- Manage the region’s suppliers and facilitate/direct resolution to supplier issues by proactively auditing to confirm that requirements are being met.
- Mediate carrier and supplier interaction to support issue resolution, insuring delivery requirements can be legally met.
- Directing supplier activity to insure they are meeting their scheduled departure times for legal on time delivery. Proactively follow up as required and direct appropriate actions to insure desired service results are secured so that financial and performance requirements are achieved.
- Identify out of stock situations and communicate in a timely manner to the DCs; this communication also includes an explanation of the stock out as well as available date for the product; this requires an assessment of the impact on the DC and possible resolution.
- Coordinate with Supply Planning, DCs, and HUBs to successfully manage inventory processes.
- Identify areas of opportunity through key performance metrics that facilitate network optimization through suppliers and carriers.
- Advise suppliers and carriers of new and adjusted policy changes.
- Managing first response activity to resolve service issues. Escalate issues as needed. Recommend solutions to avoid any potential out of stock situations.
- Document issue resolution activity through Load Notes in TMS for all shipper and carrier issues and correspondence for future reference.
- Manage Lean (TMS) advisors utilizing the regional shared Microsoft Outlook mailboxes and network e-mail communication.
- Manage business requirements during off hours, as needed.
- Coordinate return disposition of refused/returned goods as required.
- Proficient in all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- 1-5 years experience in customer service or transportation – operations experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation or Logistics preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation or Business
- Customer Service or Transportation experience with one or more of the following modes: LTL, Intermodal, temp- controlled and dry truckload transportation preferred.
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- General understanding of business and transportation terms and concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; Access, TMS applications preferred
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.