2nd Shift SupervisorSUMMARY
The role of the Assistant Manager is to ensure the success of the operators and leads by driving performance and accountability through floor presence and offering positive and constructive feedback.
The ASM role includes overall accountability for the performance of his or her assigned shift and area. This includes responsibility for ensuring that processes are followed and daily objectives and tasks are met and completed including Receiving, Picking, Shipping, Quality, and Cycle Counting.
• Ensure daily knowledge of attendance of team by checking call-off line and ensuring this is accurately reported to HR, Operations Manager, and Division Manager.
• Engage with other Assistant Managers by providing a Daily Shift Recap Report and reviewing theirs to have a working knowledge of current operational objectives for the coming shift.
• Ensure daily cycle counts, replenishments, and inventory consolidations are being completed.
• Ensure the RS (Receiving Staging Lanes) are cleared at the end of the shift.
• Walk the warehouse looking for safety, housekeeping, and employee coaching opportunities.
• Conduct a Shift Start Up Meeting providing key information to employees and ensure expectations for the shift are being set and understood.
• Ensure team knows the KPI’s and is working toward the goals at all times.
• Monitor progress of day to day operational tasks (inbound/outbound processing, cycle counts, etc.)
• Set daily operational priorities.
• Coach employees when needed.
• Partner with Ops Manager and Division Manager on corrective action issues.
• Ensure that safety protocols/Standard operating procedures are being followed at all times.
• Work with administrative staff to ensure effective execution of dock management processes and ensure work is being directed to the floor as expected
• Maintain warehouse, ensure that products are clean and organized to meet and pass Silliker/QIP standards of a good rating or better
• Make recommendations to Manager and Division Manager on workflow, processes, priorities, etc.
• Attend leadership training as required.
• Review and approve payroll.
• Document and deliver progressive counseling as required.
• Ensure building is secured prior to the end of your shift.
• Engage with customers and support customer tours, meetings, and audits when needed.
This role will provide direction to 10-40 hourly employees.
Education and Experience Requirement
• Preferred Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business or 3-5 years of supervisory and related experience.
Skills and Experience Desired:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Literate in Microsoft Office applications, specifically in Excel
• Handling of multiple conflicting priorities
• Thorough Understanding of Warehouse Operations
• Case picking in high velocity operations is beneficial
• General Supply Chain knowledge
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
• Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving Environment
• Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus
• Knowledge of a WMS, specifically Red Prairie, is a plus
• Knowledge of a TMS, specifically Mercury Gate, is a plus
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.