Accounts Receivalbe Coordinator/CollectionsSUMMARY
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a basic understanding of accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have strong background in accounts receivable, will be process oriented, with the ability to do data entry with minimal occurrences of errors. Intermediate PC and financial systems knowledge and the ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment are essential.
• Based on AR Aging, call and send collections letters to all clients with past due balances
• Responsible for communicating to management accounts over 60 days past due with no resolution
• Relay any potential accounts to be written off to bad debt to management
• Contact existing clients to help resolve payment issues via email and phone
• Document and research customer payment discrepancies
• Investigate and resolve customer inquiries
• Works closely with the AR department to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing
• Process tasks associated with AR and its corresponding “order-to-cash” activities, including cash receipts and invoicing
• Be responsive, courteous but firm in managing relationship with customers and suppliers
• Maintain and file invoices in accordance with company document retention and storage policies
• Adhere to finance policies, procedures and internal controls
• Support the annual year-end audit process with external accountants
• Support Account Management and other operational personnel
• Support Directors of Finance and Sr. Accounting Managers.
QUALIFICATIONS (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus)):
Education and Experience Requirement
• Associates Degree in Business or Financial Administration
• Minimum 2 years accounts receivable experience
• Minimum 5 years accounts receivable experience
• BS/BA Degree Bus Admin, Accounting or Finance
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• Transaction oriented with detailed understanding of process flows
• Knowledge of JD Edwards 8.10 ERP and PNC Pinnacle (preferred)
• Basic MS Excel knowledge
• Open and communicative personality
• Motivated and intellectually curious
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.