At Armada, we are committed to doing the right thing. And the right thing means making the best choices for our people, our business, and the communities in which we live and work — from a simple choice to support recycling in our offices and warehouses to a more complex choice to move product in the safest, most economical and fuel-efficient manner.
We take pride in building sustainable programs that serve to create a positive impact on our organization, our stakeholders, and the environment.
Some of Armada’s key initiatives include:
- Collaborating with our carrier network, which includes more than 150 carriers, for best practices on fuel-efficiency opportunities.
- Identifying intermodal conversion opportunities.
Partnering with SmartWay®. SmartWay® is an innovative partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that reduces greenhouse gases and other air pollutants and improves fuel efficiency. All of our incoming carriers are required to be SmartWay-certified.
- Making sustainable improvements to all of our facilities.
Additionally, Armada’s participation includes, but is not limited to, supporting the following charities:
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities
- The Mario Lemieux Foundation
- Helping Hand Rehabilitation Center
- United Way
- Volunteers of America (Operation Backpack & Christmas gifts drive)
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
We also take pride in being an active, positive community participant in the communities where we do business. We are a proud partner with VolunteerMatch, which enables our employees to easily find volunteer opportunities in any of their communities.
Armada is proud of its corporate responsibility efforts and continues each year to build upon those efforts in new and exciting ways.