Client Support Operations Internship - Summer 2018SUMMARY
Manage and execute distribution processes for our customers’ networks. This will include, but not be limited to, inbound to Armada’s redistribution facilities, inbound to our customers’ distribution centers. Additional responsibilities include building customer relationships through effective decision making and proactive communication.
• Manage the region’s stakeholders and facilitate/direct resolution of issues by proactively auditing to confirm that requirements are being met.
• Take pro-active ownership of resolving potential or actual issues that may result in unacceptable customer service level for stakeholders.
• Directing sales order management for all stakeholders. This includes communicating new item requests, event and promotions planning, hub product returns, phase in/phase out items, slow moving inventory/short shelf life items, allocation management and product optimization.
• Identify out of stock situations and communicate in a timely manner to the stakeholders; this communication also includes an explanation of the stock out as well as available date for the product; this requires an assessment of the impact on the stakeholder and possible resolution.
• Coordinate with the appropriate external / internal stakeholder to successfully manage inventory processes.
• Interface with transportation personnel for procurement of trucks to support delivery requirements.
• Periodically check order status to ensure current orders are progressing as planned and new orders have been properly received.
• Managing first response activity to resolve service issues. Escalate issues as needed. Recommend solutions to avoid any potential out of stock situations.
• Manage items with special requirements for stakeholders.
• Document retrieval and preparation for domestic / international stakeholders.
• Manage business requirements during off hours, as needed.
• Provide position coverage for other SCC’s during absences.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Proficient in all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Language and Technical Skills requirement
• General understanding of business and transportation terms and concepts.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel required; Access, TMS applications preferred
• Analytical and problem solving ability
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with internal/external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting, and computer/phone usage.
• Flexible work schedules per business requirements
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.