IT Operations AnalystSUMMARY
The Operations Support Analyst is responsible for responding to issues reported to the helpdesk affecting availability and performance of the production applications. The analyst will provide level 2 support for the general user community including data fixes, identifying work arounds, and other analysis. Bugs with applications will follow an established reporting process to allow prioritization and resolution to the bug.
• Support multiple production applications, providing guidance, data fixes, and other support services
• Provide application administration for assigned systems
• Perform research to identify root cause of reported problems
• Provide proactive support to ensure stability of IT systems
o Provide production application support
o Administer hosted applications
o Perform data fixes as required due to application deficiencies
o Document application bugs for application development teams
• Perform remediation efforts in coordination with application teams
• Update knowledge base to share resolution information with Operations team and users
• Respond to customer inquiries concerning software and applications within the approved SLAs
• Coordinate conference calls to allow all resources resolving urgent issues to communicate in a fluid manner.
• Creates temporary “work-around” for immediate customer issues where appropriate
• Follows customer issues through to completion to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction have been achieved.
• Assist with QA testing of application changes/releases including assisting in writing technical documents and training materials (based on availability and direction).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Information Systems or related field or 3 years experience in Information Technology
• Organizational skills
• Adept at problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Good written communication skills
• SQL experience (non-vendor specific)
• Application testing experience
• Application development background
• Experience using current enterprise applications
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels.
• Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.