Transportation Procurement ManagerSUMMARY
This role is responsible for the procurement of North America transportation services for all assigned business (vendor to hub - VTH, hub to distributor - HTD and vendor to distributor - VTD). Looking to obtain the best combination of service, capacity, and total cost.
• Responsible for all procurement activities related to securing competitive transportation services for all assigned business that result in the lowest landed total cost with the highest possible service level. Secure surge volume capacity as required.
• Assist in the preparation of annual Transportation budget and analyze monthly variances.
• Analyze our transportation network and develop proposals for service, capacity and cost improvements.
• Help develop and maintain strategic carrier relationships and transportation performance KPI reports for all relevant transportation modes including conducting carrier meetings/reviews.
• Provide transportation management expertise and input to assist in the roll out of the transportation management program.
• Responsible for service to a designated group of customers
• Responsible for all the skill and educational development of direct reports including new hire orientations.
• Assistant Transportation Mgrs and Transportation Analysts
Qualifications (include education, certifications/licenses, experience, language, mathematical, computer, level of reasoning, physical demands and preferences (a plus)):
Education and experience requirement
• Bachelor Degree in related field – Business, Transportation, Logistics preferred
• 3-5 years Transportation experience.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Carrier management and procurement experience preferred.
• Master degree in related field – Business, Transportation, Logistics preferred.
Language and technical skills requirement
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook & Access, TMS applications
• Ability to interface with other functional areas including carrier management.
• Thorough understanding of surface transportation management terms and concepts
• Proven analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
• Experience with all transportation modes including temp controlled freight.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
• Position is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Business travel may occur on an as needed basis
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.